Listing a specialty property in a rural area requires strategic marketing and broad exposure to buyers nationwide. Buyers looking for luxury lifestyle properties usually see them more as investments than as permanent residences. Therefore, they might not reside in Cedaredge, and often don’t reside in Colorado either.
Unlike homes, horse properties, hunting properties, inholding land, ranches, and other rural Colorado properties for sale are considered real estate luxuries. Residential real estate in a popular city is much easier to market because the target buyer is usually local, and millions of people are looking for a house.
Furthermore, Colorado lifestyle properties are typically listed for a higher price than most people budget for their first home. Of course, most first-time homebuyers also aren’t looking for 80 acres, a hunting cabin bordering a Colorado national forest, and an indoor horse arena either.
Evidently, as a lifestyle real estate broker in Western Colorado, I have to jump a number of hurdles to reach beyond my real estate office’s Cedaredge locality to find a buyer looking for a very specific kind of property. To summarize, these challenges include:
- Marketing a property designed for special use, like hunting, fishing, horse training, or farming.
- Luxury properties have a higher listing price than residential real estate.
- Finding a buyer somewhere in the nation as opposed to somewhere in my county.
Effective Real Estate Marketing and Advertising Strategy
Strategic real estate marketing and advertising have helped me sell millions of dollars of Colorado lifestyle properties over the years. Knowing that my listings must reach a large audience to sell quickly and at the highest possible price, I maximize exposure through placements on top-ranked websites, national real estate catalogs, newspapers, magazines, social media, and many more.
On average, United Country Real Estate listings receive more than 3 million monthly web views.
I not only post a listing to my brokerage’s website and ColoradoCountryBroker.com but it is automatically syndicated to UnitedCountry.com and all United Country-owned websites, Zillow and Trulia, and hundreds of applicable specialty real estate websites based on the property type.
Search engine optimization (SEO) also plays a big role in ease of discoverability. I inject my listing copy and blog posts with keywords and search terms that my target buyer would be searching. Having these listings appear on #1 ranked websites and linked in digital ads gives them even more credibility and increases the chances of appearing on the first page of Google.
- 3rd Party Website Advertising
- Over 3,500 Specialty Websites
- 38+ Special Property Groups
I bolster my web strategy with digital content marketing that drives traffic to my website. This involves weekly blog posts, property videos (Did you know YouTube is the second-largest search engine?), email marketing, and social media marketing.
- Blog Posts
- Property Videos
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Local and National Advertising
Print is just as important as digital. I advertise my listings to local and national buyers in catalogs, magazines, and newspapers.
Direct marketing is also done on a local and national level. United Country Real Estate has a powerful database of more than 750,000 buyers sorted by property type interest. If these buyers have a proven track record of interest in properties similar to my listing, I can reach them directly with email, postcards, brochures, flyers, and area information.
- Exclusive Real Estate Catalogs
- Direct Mail Marketing
- Magazine and Newspaper Advertising
- Area & Property Brochures
Listing Exposure Should Be A Priority For Sellers
On April 28, 2021, United Country Real Estate Western Land & Lifestyle Properties closed on a 919-acre hunting property bordering the Grand Mesa National Forest. The property, Bear Slide Ranch, was under contract after only five months and sold three months later for the price of $3 million. The buyers were from Minnesota.
This illustrates how important exposure is for luxury property listings. If you are selling a specialty hunting, farm, ranch, equine, or cabin property in Colorado, ask your broker about how they will promote your listing. If it’s the same way they’d promote a 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom home in Denver, then find another broker.
Here’s a look at many of the websites United Country Real Estate Western Land & Lifestyle Properties advertises your listings on to give them maximum exposure:
- UnitedCountrySPG.com – A network of 38 owned websites focusing on niche property types like land, ranches, farms, businesses, golf properties, equine properties & more
- UCRE office, agent & listing websites
- Listings Automatically Syndicated To:
All United Country owned websites & RealtreeUC.com (hunting properties only)
- Trulia.com, Zillow.com & Realtor.com
Select Listings Uploaded To:
- OpenFences.com (properties over $1 M)
- MansionGlobal.com (properties over $1 M)
- LakeHouse.com, GolfHomes.com & BeachHouse.com
- HistoricForSale.com & PreservationDirectory.com
- BizBuySell.com, BizQuest.com & BusinessBroker.net
Specialty United Country Real Estate Websites:
- UCRanchProperties.com – Premier Ranches
- RealtreeUC.com – Our Exclusive Partnership with Realtree for hunting property